Tis the Season to Be Spooky!

Hello Loverlies,
It's that time of year when we start feeling a chill in the air, paired with the urge to wear chunky knit sweaters and drink pumpkin spiced anything while sitting around a bonfire. It's almost like there's something genetically programmed into the human race to love fall. The changing of the leaves, the smell of the crisp earth... the decorating for Halloween season!
Ever since I was I little girl, I loved everything about Halloween. I loved the spooky pranks neighbors would play on eachother. I loved the candy that was given out in abundance. I loved watching ABC's yearly airing of the Charlie Brown classic, "It's the Great Pumpkin!" Most of all, I loved that it was the one night a year that no matter how old, or young you were everyone was given the opportunity to be someone else for a night!
In celebration of the holiday, I've decided to do a series of posts about Halloween! These will be about things such as decorating, fall fun, handknit craftiness and yummy treats!

The Finished Result! (mine's the dragon on the left)
Let's kick things off with a bit of fall fun! My Mr is an avid pumpkin carver, imagine his suprise in finding out that I've only carved one pumpkin in my entire life... I was 21 years old... there was a dagger involved. As I told him my sad tale he simply hung his head and said that we must remedy the situation. So that's what we did this weekend. We drove to the Halloween Warehouse where they have a massive selection of pumpkins to choose from, everything is tax free and mix or match, AND they even gave us a mum to take home as an added bonus because they felt bad about not giving military discount. Seriously, a fantastic place to go for all your halloween needs! Anyway, we picked out some lovely pumpkins and hauled them back home for the fun to begin. I, being a beginner, chose what the book called an "easy" pattern. It was simple enough and perfect for teaching me the basics. Mr chose to do one of the "contest winners" which turned out AMAZING! I'm simply jealous of his carving skills!
Pumpkin carving is an addictive pasttime, so if you're like me and have only carved A pumpkin (or less) in your lifetime go grab a jack and let your creativity shine through!


Happy Crafting!
Miss Bluebird!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mermaid Tears Scarf

An Easy as Pie Pineapple Upside Down Cake

A Crochet Aviator Hat for My Airman!