Hooky Halloween!

Hello Loverlies!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic time decorating for the upcoming spooktacular season! Mr and I have been quite busy doing just that. We've got our carved pumpkins near the front steps, a garden full of tombstones and a few ghosties lurking nearby. My favorite thing to do is crochet cute Halloween decor for inside the house.
Here are two cute and easy projects that whip up super quick and require minimal amounts of poly-fill!

First is the Jack Skellington wreath from Love to be in Stitches! This is a simple and straightforward pattern, all you need is some black and white yarn and the know-how of single and half-double crochets to make this project your own! I added a few crochet roses to mine for an extra symmetrical look, but you can add all sorts of festive decorations for yours! You can find the ravelry page for this project HERE

Next up... something for all those Wizard of Oz fans. Witch Legs!!!! Once again, a basic pattern that results in an adorable addition to your crochet collection! I'd been eyeballing this pattern for a few months now and thought this was the perfect time to give in to the temptation. Yes... I know... I know... It's a bit ironic that a girl named Dorothy would want to crochet a pair of witch legs from the classic film. Let the teasing begin.
The entire time I was making these I was mentally adapting them for house slippers, which actually wouldn't be that difficult. For the iconic ruby slippers I used some Caron party yarn that I found on sale at walmart. It's the perfect shade of red! The beautiful thing about this project is the limitless possibilities. You can leave the legs as is and stick them under whatever you want or you could elongate the leg portion and make a cute draft guard for either your windows or doors. You might even use them as doll legs and create your own Nessa! (Sorry... You knew there had to be few Wicked references in this post.) You can find the pattern HERE

If you'd like to give my projects some love, view their progression, or add me as a crafty friend you can do all that over on my ravelry page! Feel free to pop by and say hello! http://www.ravelry.com/people/AmethystMermaid


Happy Crafting!
-Dottie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mermaid Tears Scarf

An Easy as Pie Pineapple Upside Down Cake

A Crochet Aviator Hat for My Airman!